Date:      Tue, 12 May 2009 20:43:33 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fighting for the power.

--kvUQC+jR9YzypDnK

On 2009-May-11 13:38:25 -0700, Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net> wrote:
>LI-Ion batteries will deteriorate if not fully discharged periodically
>and even more if almost always on AC power and fully charged.

Li-ION batteries deterioriate under virtually any conditions.  My
reading suggests storing them partially charged in a fridge is best.

>charge point. "Full discharge" means disabling automatic suspend on low
>battery in power management and letting them run down as far as
>possible.

A friend & I both have HP nx6125 laptops.  We have both accidently run
our batteries to cutoff on a number of occasions and every time we do,
acpiconf reports the battery capacity drops by about 5%.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--kvUQC+jR9YzypDnK

--kvUQC+jR9YzypDnK--