Date:      Wed, 01 Oct 2003 03:49:41 -0400
From:      Nick Holley <nickpub@imap.cc>
To:        denisz <denisz@telkomsel.co.id>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel.GENERIC question

denisz wrote:
> hi,
>
> did it necessary to update the /kernel.GENERIC when doing system update?
> (note that the kernel usually being used is the customized one)
> and how to do that ?

Sometimes, it's always good to check. I don't use a customized kernel so
I can't speak from experience, but this might be a solution for you.
Keep a copy of GENERIC somewhere safe where it won't get overwritten
when you update and diff it with the new kernel whenever you update your
source tree. From here you should be able to use your judgement to
determine how to continue.

Nick