Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 15:36:06 -0600 (CST)
From:      Dave Bodenstab <imdave@synet.net>
To:        imdave@synet.net, shawn@luke.cpl.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pdf?

> >   %       http://www.ozemail.com.au/~geoffk/pdfencrypt/pdf_sec.ps
> >   % or, if the ~ character upsets your software,
> >   %       http://www.ozemail.com.au/%7Egeoffk/pdfencrypt/pdf_sec.ps
> >

> > Although I've installed the modifications to my copy of Ghostscript 4.3,
> > I have not (to my knowledge) had an encrypted pdf file upon which
> > to test them.
>
> Unfortunetly, I can't access this file. Says access denied because my
> machine isnt located Down Under. :)
>
> Could you give me your gs executable, or is it more complicated than that?

Well, you're right... it appears that Uncle Sam has twisted the Austrailian's
arms to enforce the same stupid restriction that we in the USA have to live
with.  It won't let me access the file any longer.

The problem I have, of course, is "are you located in the USA"?  If not,
then I can't send you the code.  BTW, it's all in the pdf_sec.ps file.
Someone in Austraila would have the same problem -- they apparantly cannot
legally send you the code.

Perhaps Alladin has a pointer to an alternate location for this file.  Have
you checked with them?

Dave Bodenstab
imdave@syent.net