Date:      Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:52:09 -0500
From:      Joseph Lenox <lordofhyphens@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE Installation success

  On 10/25/2010 09:18 PM, Michael D. Norwick wrote:
> I have not looked at PC-BSD because I thought the BSD's were all
> somewhat similar (powerful, stable, and secure).  I only moved off of
> Debian due to feature bloat and the 'Fedoraizing' it (debian) is
> experiencing.  Richard Bejtlich talks so highly of FreeBSD in his "TAO
> of Network Security Monitoring" book.  Anyway, please forgive me for
> not providing more information on the above build issue.  I should
> have been more patient.

I remember seeing that the Debian Project is elevating their
GNU/kFreeBSD distro set to "official" for Lenny.

I use FreeBSD for my home server, Debian Lenny for my laptop and our new
lab machines (running EDA tools)... and am stuck with Solaris for the
time being. *jedi hand wave* Pay no attention to that Win7 VM--it's just
there for OneNote 2010.

--Joseph Lenox