Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:16:46 +0000
From:      Stewart Morgan <stewart@nameless-uk.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot blocks on aacd0

 >> Please CC me in as I'm not on the list

Hello,

	I have a fresh-install of 4.11 running entirely on an Adaptec 2200S (as
RAID-10) that I net-booted to install.  All appears to be well using the
aac(4) driver.

	However, I want to update the boot blocks so that I can run a serial
console faster than 9600.  I've created new versions of boot[12] and
allegedly installed them (copied to /boot and then disklabel -B
aacd0s1), but no change.

	The problem appears to be that either the new blocks aren't being
written to the right place, or that they're not being written full-stop.
  I've even tried adding a printf() to boot2.c to verify this, but alas
it does not show up during boot :(

	So, what am I doing wrong and how should I do it correctly?

 >> Please CC me in as I'm not on the list

Thanks,

Stewart.