Date:      Wed, 1 Apr 1998 09:28:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        chas <panda@peace.com.my>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Mailbox locked

I'm coming into this rather late, but have you looked for any possible
permutation of locking in /var/mail/$USER?  Like a "." lock or "~" lock?

If you get really desperate you can use lsof to see if any programs are
holding the file open.  Perhaps there's a zombie process grabbing it?

Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com
----
                           "I'm not a prophet or a stone-age man
                           Just a mortal with potential of a superman
                           I'm living on"      -DB