Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:33:37 -0800
From:      "barazani" <bara_zani@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   strange problem connecting to monster.com maybe NAT ?

Hi  2 All ,
I'm expirienecing a very strange problem .
I'm having problems connecting to my.monster.com from my internal machines
in the lan through a freebsd gateway .
if i try and connect from the freebsd gateway i can , quote:
"[root@ns:root>>telnet my.monster.com 80
Trying 63.112.169.4...
Connected to my.monster.com.
Escape character is '^]'."

if i try it from the lan i get :
nothing .....

nslookup resolves properly and i get the same ip internally and on the
gateway
traceroute from the lan and gateway have the same routes ( accept for the
gaetway beig first hop for lan machine )
i thaught this was a cleint issue but even simple telent will not connect .

any ideas ?
I'm not running any firewall / special config only ppp to earthlink dsl and
ppp nat
thanks
baraZani