Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 22:46:37 -0500
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfg1+@pitt.edu>
To:        David <ddavid@ican.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What about S. America  ( was-Broadband downunder)

--------------816CEEAE7EFD407D1D949D2F

FWIW,

I know Colombia very well (in fact I'll be there this Spring Break).
Colombia's Telecom has an undersea fiber with the US. They are
expensive but they are the best. Just about anyone offers satellite
there.

Pedro.

David wrote:

> Seeing as the topic on highspeed access has been brought up, I thought
> I would ask this here. Does anyone know of any highspeed avalability in
> South America-- Specifically, i'm looking at Peru?
>
> I've heard of a new fibre trunk-line being installed directly to Peru
> but as yet have heard of no other services beside's dial up.
>
> Even a Sat linkup would be just dandy, especially in the Urubamba
> valley.
>
> Thanks
> David

--------------816CEEAE7EFD407D1D949D2F

begin:vcard
n:Giffuni;Pedro
tel;fax:1 (360) 343-0501
tel;home:(412) 665 2956
tel;work:(412) 624-9862
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.geocities.com/giffunip/
org:University of Pittsburgh;Industrial Engineering
adr:;;5820 Elwood St. Apt. 34;Pittsburgh;PA;15232;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:giffunip@asme.org
title:Teaching Assistant
fn:Pedro F. Giffuni