Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2006 10:50:31 +0100 (CET)
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
To:        Heliocentric <heliocentric@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GNOME help PLEASE

> As far as I know, this only works with a "normal" adduser.conf and
> using the adduser command or pw.
>
> Also, (with X11 programs especially) you'll have to edit all absolute
> paths in the config files to point to either relative, of if the app
> supports it, $HOME or ~/, so the programs won't attempt to write or
> read from the user you copied the configs from.
>
> Example:
>
> IconPath /root/icons
>
> would become:
>
> IconPath $HOME/icons
>
> hope this helps :)

thank you very much but it would not. i know this and use this.

the problem is where to find documentation about what gnome file does
what, and how to make these skeleton files.

any attempt to create clean user, configure gnome in it, move files to
skel etc. failed. gnome gets lots of bugs, panel crashes etc. this way.

now i know how to move desktop icons themselves, but not configuration.
no idea what files defines what. gnome is even worse than windows in it.

if you have some description about it - will be very helpful