Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 1996 14:04:57 +2
From:      "Irvine Short" <ishort@pcm.co.za>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   sio2: 65 events for device with no tp

Hi All

What is this message?

I have just compiled a kernel with support for an ARNET 8 port serial
card with 8 16450 ports in it.

If I can make it work thenI will upgrade the chips to 16550's.

my dmesg output is fine, listing all my serial ports sio0 thru sio9

The Arnet is set to IRQ 9 and base addresses 200 for the first 4
ports and 220 for the second 4

After having removed the reference to IRQ 7 on the lpt line I am
getting lots of stray IRQ7 messages. Does this mean that the card is
generatingIRQ's even with nothing connected to it and the OS does not
know what to do with them?

Regards,

Irvine Short

http://www.pcm.co.za/homepage/ishort/irv_home.html

     Technical Support
     Professional Computer Manufacturers
     Cape Town, South Africa
Tel: ++27-21-235084         Fax ++27-21-235089