Date:      Mon, 8 May 95 19:14:00 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        julian@ref.tfs.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        ddunbar@ipxpress.aws.waii.com, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: vt100

[ ... IRC supposedly needing a VT100 ... ]

> or config a kernel using the PCVT console driver..
> the PCVT is a PC VT based console
> emulating vt220 (I believe) which should accept vt100 commands

If you are careful to not put it in enhanced mode (if you do, it will
send it's keys with a CSI character (0x9c) instead of ESC-[).

And if you are willing to generally lose a line from your display for
all other uses (since a VT100/VT220 terminal, by definition, has only
24 lines).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---