Date:      Tue, 18 Oct 2016 15:01:14 +0900
From:      KIRIYAMA Kazuhiko <kiri@kx.openedu.org>
To:        Marko =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Cupa=E6?= <marko.cupac@mimar.rs>
Cc:        Oliver Peter <lists@peter.de.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: moving ezjail-based jails from 10.3 host to 11.0 host

At Mon, 17 Oct 2016 17:43:25 +0200,
Marko Cupa=E6 wrote:
>=20
> On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 15:55:07 +0200
> Oliver Peter <lists@peter.de.com> wrote:
>=20
> > On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 03:37:08PM +0200, Marko Cupa=E6 wrote:
> > > I have 10.3 host which runs a dozen or so ezjail-based jails. I have
> > > installed another 11.0 host, and I'd like to move jails to it. =20
> >=20
> > I would switch them to iocage+zfs, ezjail is sooo 90s. :)
> > Have a look at the documentation:
> > 	http://iocage.readthedocs.io/en/latest/basic-use.html
> >=20
> > All jail settings are stored within ZFS properties so an upcoming
> > migration would only need a zfs send | zfs receive.
> >=20
> > > Can I just archive jails on 10.3, scp them to 11.0, and re-create
> > > them there by restoring from archive (-a switch)? =20
> >=20
> > Further I would recommend to use rsync -av instead of scp.
>=20
> Oliver,
>=20
> I do appreciate you took the time to respond to my question. However,
> when I asked how to move my ezjail-based jails, I meant exactly that.
> I did not ask which is the best jail management system (for my use case
> I'm completely fine with ezjail), or about the good and bad things
> about ZFS (I have hardware RAID controller which can't do JBOD on this
> server), or advantages of rsync over scp (doesn't make much difference
> for one-time transfer of single .tar.gz file over LAN).
>=20
> Now, to give answer to my own question: everything works fine, after -
> of course - reinstalling all the packages with `pkg-static upgrade -f'.

Also I've been same worry about this. But ezjail also worked
in 12.0-CURRENT and almost everything stuffs used in that
except below:

(1) `jail_JID_devfs_ruleset' must be specified by number but
  name like

export jail_desktop_devfs_ruleset=3D11

(2) Additional parameters shoule be specified by
  `jail_JID_parameters' with semicolon separated list like

export jail_desktop_parameters=3D"allow.kmem; allow.sysvipc;"

(3) If you through ICMP packets, set

jail_JID_socket_unixiproute_only=3D"NO"

But now basically FreeBSD does not supprt variable based
specification like ezjail but jail.conf configuration. So
jail spit warning whenever start/restart:

root@kx:~ # service ezjail restart mail
Stopping jails: mail.tfc.
Starting jails: mail.tfc.
/etc/rc.d/jail: WARNING: Per-jail configuration via jail_* variables  is ob=
solete.  Please consider migrating to /etc/jail.conf.
root@kx:~ #=20