Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 1997 13:25:19 -0500
From:      Gary Bond <gbond@gulf.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   aha2740 hangs on install

Cheers to all,

Greetings to the FreeBSD Community.

I have an Adaptec2740 on EISA bus. Install goes great from the boot
disk. The host is detected, hard drive, and cdrom are detected.
Addresses and IRQ's are properly detected.

The install hangs when PCI devices are detected and I am returned the
following error message:

ahc0: brkadrint, Illegal Host Access at seqaddr = 0x0

Is it trying to probe the card again on the PCI bus?
Can I work around this from the command line?

Thanks again for your help. This is my first experience with SCSI.
All my other IDE install went without a hitch.

Thanks to all for FreeBSD. Bill Gates "GET READY"

gary :)