Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2001 12:31:15 -0700
From:      mike bueide <mbueide@actcom.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Outbound mail using mutt+sendmail?

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 02:12:55AM -0500, David Banning wrote:
> I have run into the same problem as you have.
> I believe the reason these problems exist is an attempt to cub spam.
> The only solution I was able to go to was using my yahoo account.
> I set it up to allow pop access and smtp forwarding.
>
> Let me know if you find another way around this.

What if I just set the hostname of my computer to that of
one of the ip addresses my provider gives me?  Wouldn't that
"fake" my way around not having a registered domain name?
Would there be any problems arising from this?  It seems to
work anyway.  I suppose if all else fails, I'll probably just
register a domain name and pay someone to provide the DNS
service for me.

... mike