Date:      Sat, 06 Apr 1996 12:18:00 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au (Carey Nairn)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trying to compile lyx word processor

> Hi,
>
> as the subject says...
>
> I keep getting a warling when I run the configure script:
>
> configure: warning: Can't find libforms. Please check that the xforms library
> is correctly installed on your system.
>
> I have the xforms package installed but still can't seem to find the
> libforms library..
>
> has anyone else had problems with this ?

You need to install libxforms (ports) and change references to libforms
into libxforms in the LyX Makefile. I also remember I had to copy
some header files (forms.h?) into the build directory of LyX.

I put up a copy of my LyX build tree + a binary into
freefall.cdrom.com/incoming  a while ago for reference.

> Thanks,
> Carey

> Carey Nairn                     ! email : Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au
> Networks and Communications     ! phone : (002) 20 7419
> Information Technology Services ! fax   : (002) 20 7898
> University of Tasmania.         !

FreeBSD toots.physik.rwth-aachen.de 2.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 2.2-CURRENT #0:
Wed Apr  3 09:59:08 MET DST 1996     kuku@toots.physik.rwth-aachen.de:/
usr/src/sys/compile/TOOTS  i386