Date:      Thu, 7 May 2009 12:00:10 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Pieter Donche <Pieter.Donche@ua.ac.be>
To:        "mail.list freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   isc-dhcp logging and status query

FreeBSD7-amd64:
I set up /usr/ports/net/isc-dhcp30-server
for static IP addresses (based on the MacAddress)
This works, but I wonder where I can see information of the status?

1. The doc says I should see dhcp log messages (default in /var/log/messages)
but I see nothing about dhcp in /var/log/messages.
(I wonder where they are now, before hacking /etc/syslog.conf)

2. Is there any tool to see what Statically assigned IP address are handed
out at a given time?
(I also see nothing in /var/db/dhcpd/dhcpd.leases file execpt comments)