Date:      Sat, 03 Mar 2001 18:29:25 -0800
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Stephen <sdk@shell.yuck.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 'at' problem?

In message <20010303201724.A9656@visi.com>, Stephen writes:
> I'm running 4.2-R, and have noticed that my 'at' jobs are running several
> minutes after the specified time.  Is this a known issue and been addressed
> in stable?  I couldn't find a PR on it...

Atrun which actually runs atjobs is run by cron every 5 minutes.  For
example if you specified that an at job is to run at 1826, it will run
at 1830.  If you want to have atrun run more frequently, update
/etc/crontab.

Additionally, atrun will defer the running of any atjobs if the load
average exceeds 1.5.  This can be changed with the -l option.

Regards,                         Phone:  (250)387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  (250)387-5766
Team Leader, Sun/Alpha Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC