Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 2002 15:55:41 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Darren Crotchett <backdoc@crotchett.com>
Cc:        Bauer <timewax@web.de>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: portupgrade aftermath

On Sun, Jul 28, 2002 at 08:50:04AM -0500, Darren Crotchett wrote:

> One more question before I reinstall Mailman.  Will I need to use
> portinstall or portupgrade -N since, as far as portupgrade is
> concerned, it successfully upgraded it already?

'portinstall' is just shorthand for 'portupgrade -N'.  If you want to
force removal and reinstallation of a package already on your system
use 'portupgrade -f'

> On Sunday 28 July 2002 08:29 am, Darren Crotchett wrote:
> > I'm finally getting somewhere.  I got mysql server to compile by copying
> > /etc/defaults/make.conf to /etc/make.conf and adding the line
> > SKIP_INSTALL_DB=yes to the last line.
> >
> > Now, I thought I'd try the same thing with Mailman by adding CGI_GID?=
> > 65533 to my /etc/make.conf.  However, before I do, I'd like to know if this
> > might adversely affect other programs.

If you're using portupgrade why not just add the make variables to
/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf?  That way you can apply them to just the
package or packages they're supposed to affect:

  MAKE_ARGS = {
        'mail/mailman'              => 'CGI_GID=65533',
        'databases/mysql323-server' => 'SKIP_INSTALL_DB=yes',
  }

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way
Tel: +44 1628 476614                                  Marlow
Fax: +44 0870 0522645                                 Bucks., SL7 1TH UK