Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 09:37:55 -0600
From:      "Joseph E. Royce" <joe@freyr.cba.ualr.edu>
To:        "Terry R. Friedrichsen" <terry@venus.sunquest.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/alpha wm problems

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 08:12:50AM -0700, Terry R. Friedrichsen wrote:
> Joe,
>
> Thanks for responding to my post about vtwm problems.  I am using vtwm (I've
> tried 5.3 and 5.4.5a) with XFree86 3.3.6 under FreeBSD/AXP 4.1 on an Alpha
> Station 255/233.
>
> What X server are you using with the Oxygen ACX?  And what version of vtwm
> are you using?
>
> I'm on an S3 ViRGE/DX card - I hope that's not the source of my trouble.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Terry R. Friedrichsen
>
> terry@venus.sunquest.com

THe Oxygen ACX is a Permedia 2 based card so I am using the 3DLabs
server. Origionally, I had a S3 card using the SVGA server and had
no problems as well; I installed XFree86 from the ports. I installed
the lastest vtwm (I guess 5.4.5a) from the ports yesterday to test it
out and it worked fine. Can you be a little more specific on what
problems you are having so that we may be able to determine if
we can help you.Including error messages would help.

-Joe