Date:      Wed, 07 Jan 1998 14:51:11 +0000
From:      "Þorður Ivarsson" <totii@est.is>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        Dave Smith <dpsmith@xoom.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Remote power cycle

David Greenman wrote:

>    It was quite easy for me to do, but the level of difficulty will depend
> on your ability to use a soldering iron and knowledge of electronics. What
> I did was reconfigure the hook relay so that the switch simply shorts the
> tip/ring wires rather than connect them to the isolation transformer. It

Small advice on modems to use!

Many of the newer modems do have 'solid state' switching and the tend to
not work! Find modem with large relay on and you should just short the
transformer at the line side.

--
Þórður Ívarsson		Thordur Ivarsson
Rafeindavirki		Electronic technician

FreeBSD has good features,
Some others are full of unwanted features!