Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 1998 13:05:50 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CAMDEBUG change to mull over...

Matthew Jacob wrote...

> When I've been trying to debug TRACE a particular target, I found that
> I was just being completely overrun by the CAM_DEBUG_PRINT stuff
> for tracing in cam_xpt.c.

That's not surprising at all. :)

> What do you think about CAM_DEBUG_XPT flag that will allow this
> to be traced separate from other tracing?

Well, we could do that, but I'd rather have a little more generic solution
that would allow turning on/off tracing for various modules or drivers.

I.e., have something that would let you just turn on tracing for the sa
driver, or just for the transport layer, or just for the error recovery
code in cam_periph.c/scsi_all.c, or for all modules...

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com