Date:      Wed, 23 May 2007 15:02:33 +0300
From:      Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to do Spam Control  in FreeBSD

dhaneshk k wrote:
> Hi  Everbody
>
>  I have a freebsd-6.0 server with postfix and mailman running on this
> machine ,
>
> but I havn't configured spamassasin ,amavisd etc in this box. so I am
> suffering from spams daily ..

You can give it to postfix - just setup some dnsbl zones for it. Good
place to start is tqmcube.com, openrbl.org, spamhaus.org and sorbs.net.

You can also setup mail/spamd (not the one from spamasassin) as a
blackhole for servers that are misbehaving or not following a SMTP
protocol. It can be easily integrated into firewall.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow!