Date:      03 Nov 2001 12:43:26 -0600
From:      rand@meridian-enviro.com (Douglas K. Rand)
To:        =?iso-8859-1?q?Jo=E3o?= Pagaime <jpsp@fccn.pt>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Acquiring a DAT/DDS autoloader that works on FreeBSD

** Jo=E3o Pagaime <jpsp@fccn.pt> on Sat, 3 Nov 2001 17:07:46 -0000
** in [Acquiring a DAT/DDS autoloader that works on FreeBSD] writes:

Jo=E3o> [...] I'm considering using Amanda/FreeBSD/DDS-Autoloader (one
Jo=E3o> or more autoloaders).

This is what we use, and it works great.

Jo=E3o> - Are HP DDS autoloaders SCSI-tape-changer compatible?
Jo=E3o>   And what models are known to work with FreeBSD?
Jo=E3o>   At HP's website I find a few products of interest:

We've used both the DAT24x6i and the DAT40x6i, and both have worked
great. Our DAT24x6i is currently in use as our archive drive, not
using Amanda, its a set of shell scripts with FreeBSD. The DAT40x6i is
our backup drive with Amanda, also with FreeBSD.

I don't know what the external enclosures look like on these, so I
have no opinion on that. We got the internal versions and love that we
can put a 6 tape changer inside the case.