Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 17:02:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Howard Lew <hlew@sequence.Stanford.EDU>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wow... got sound.. but!

Hmmm... is there a way to boot up FreeBSD from drive D in dos after
initializing the sound card.  If I reboot by the 3 finger salute or the
system reset button, the sound card gets reset.  This is sort of an old
question because I have seen it float by the mailing list.

I tried use fbsdboot.exe and a kernel in DOS, but that only boots up
FreeBSD up to the part before mounting the hard drives.  At that point the
OS panics because it can not mount the drive (which is on D).  I don't
believe fbsdboot.exe would have that problem if the boot drive was C.