Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:40:48 -0500
From:      Chris <chris@ooc2000.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to use my FreeBSD box as a terminal

Hi all, my router has a console port that I can connect to with a computer
that has a serial port. There are only instructions for Windows, and my
development laptop here doesn't have a serial port. Plus I'd like to
connect using a FreeBSD box anyway. Trouble is, I know nothing about
terminals or that sort of thing. I suspect it's an easy question -- fire up
a terminal, telling it to use my serial port and 9600,0,1, but I don't know
how to do that!

Can anyone help? Everything online seems to tell how to connect a terminal
*to* my machine, not how to use it as a terminal to connect to something else.

Thanks,
Chris