Date:      Thu, 2 May 2002 22:33:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Kellers <timothyk@serv1.wallnet.com>
To:        Bruno Miguel <brunomiguel@netcabo.pt>
Cc:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Samba problems, several machines

Hmmmmmm.  I use (the ancient) Samba 2.0.7 on our production server, 2.2.3a
on our development server and 3.x.a on our "Let's hack up the code and
blow up the box" research server.  All those boxen authenticate flawlessly
(as far as I can tell) with our Win2k (advanced) Server PDC (Active
Directory "native" mode).
All those servers have lived with Samba through FreeBSD 4.1.1 and up
--though the earlier versions of FreeBSD sported earlier versions of
Samba, excepting the production box, and the early versions Samba'd with
NT 4.0 Server before the Win2k upgrade.

Blind as I am to your hardware/software configuration, I'd say that
something in your Samba install is hosed, or there is a significant
misconfiguration.  (That is, assuming your hardware/network is ok).

Howbout sending an smb.conf file along so we can have a looksee?

Tim Kellers
CPE/NJIT