Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2006 01:32:26 -0500
From:      Mark Kane <mark@mkproductions.org>
To:        "Erin Sharmahd" <tuxgirl@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vmware / vmplayer on freebsd?

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006, at 22:36:56 -0600, Erin Sharmahd wrote:
> I'm trying to find some info on google on using vmware server or
> vmplayer on freebsd.  In essence, one of my classes is expecting us to
> do some windows work, and i'd like to do it in vmware or something
> similar so that I don't have to actually install windows....

Hi.

I'm not 100% sure about VMWare on FreeBSD (although I think only older
versions are currently available), but I'd give QEMU a try. It's in
ports at emulators/qemu. I've used Windows 2000 and Windows XP inside
QEMU a little bit in the past, and the performance was pretty good with
the KQEMU kernel module (emulators/kqemu-kmod).

http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/

-Mark

--
Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MIXX941)

GnuPG Public Key:
http://www.mkproductions.org/mk_pubkey.asc