Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 2000 15:49:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Toby Swanson <toby@milkyway.org>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cdrom won't mount

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000, Lowell Gilbert wrote:

> >> I've moved my IDE CD-ROM from primary slave to secondary
> >> slave and now it will not mount CDs.  I get an error of
> >>
> >> cd9660: vfsload(cd9660); No such file or directory
>
> A little more of a script might be helpful, but this kind of looks
> like it's failing to find the kernel module for the CD filesystem.  It
> should be /modules/cd9660.ko but most people probably compile the
> support directly into their kernels instead (options "CD9660" in the
> kernel config file).  If you have it in your kernel, then this is
> pretty weird.
>
> Incidentally, I haven't seen your followup message yet, so it may not
> be surprising that no one else has answered.

I compiled in the "optios CD9660" and it mounts CDs fine now.  My
understanding is the CD support is supposed to be dynamically loaded the
first time a CD is mounted.  For some reason this was not happening.

The problem with the tape drive was the tape.  I put in a brand new tape
and it must be faulty.

Thanks for your help.

Toby