Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 18:28:11 +0200 (CEST)
From:      talon@lpthe.jussieu.fr (Michel TALON)
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to use kbdcontrol and vidcontrol

Hello,

I am trying on a 3.2-STABLE box to use kbdcontrol
and vidcontrol to set 80x60 mode as described
in a FreeBSD documentation, without success.

First kbdcontrol refuses to load a 8x8 font
with the option -l /usr/share/syscons/fonts/***
and says illegal definition line.
Incidentally i have loaded fr.iso.acc keymap
and indeed a q etc. are at the correct places
but accented letters do not work, and emit a beep.

Second vidcontrol refuses to go to 80x60
or VGA_80x60 or any other mode, while other
options work.

I have already seen messages on this list about
such problems, but have not seen an answer that
works for me. I would be happy if you can explain
a little bit what is the correct way to
contact the syscons driver.

Thank you very much

--