Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 05:35:34 -0500
From:      "John Bolster" <j.bol@gte.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   procmail port broken?

Has anyone ran into this situation:

I am trying to install Procmail from the ports (FBSD 4.1). I'm doing it from
the ports instead of from a package because I need to alter one of the files
so procmail uses $home directories instead of /var/mail/. Each time I try to
make the port I get the following error:

Initiating fcntl()/kernel-locking-support tests
Whoeaaa!  There's something fishy going on here.
You have a look and see if you detect anything uncanny:
cc -c -O -pipe  _autotst.c
cc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 11
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/procmail/work/procmail-3.15/src.
I suggest you take a look at the definition of CFLAGS* and CC
in the Makefile before you try make again.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/procmail/work/procmail-3.15/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/procmail/work/procmail-3.15.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/procmail.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/procmail.