Date:      30 Jul 2002 21:11:14 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@Demon.vickiandstacey.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   re: ddclient with Zone Edit dynamic DNS

Hello,
     I've got my own personal domain name, but have a DSL connection
with dynamic IP addressing assigned by my ISP.

I've registered and set up a Dynamic DNS account with ZoneEdit.com, and
I'm hoping to use ddclient for the client IP address update program.

Is anyone successfully using ddclient with ZoneEdit.com? If so, please
get in touch. I did try this last time (prior to the box being rebuilt),
but I had problems getting ddclient to work properly in daemon mode.

For starters the router I have is the SMC 7401BRA Barricade ADSL Router,
which isn't listed as a supported router by ddclient, so I had tried to
get external IP Address updates via the URL set-up, but this resulted in
lots of failure notices in /var/log/messages and in daily mail to root.

If anyone is able to advise, I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for the time.

Stacey