Date:      09 Apr 2002 15:05:43 +0200
From:      Mathias Haas <no-spam-mathias.haas@adcore.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FTPd and user root

Hello!

I want a directory to be the FTP-root for my users. I've created a few
users with their homedirectory in /ftproot and I've added them to a
group called ftpgroup and then added this group as an entry in
/etc/ftpchroot.

Everyone can log in correctly and get /ftproot as their root-dir.
These users only exist as FTP-users and don't need shell access, but how
do I setup a homedir/root without the usual login.conf files etcetera?

(When I add the ftp-account, I do it with the "adduser" command and
that's where I set the homedir that will be the ftproot.)

Regards,
mathias.