Date:      29 Oct 2001 11:23:50 -0930
From:      Andrew Reid <andrew.reid@plug.cx>
To:        Kelvin Ng Chee Hoong <nchee_hoong@pacific.net.sg>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Un-install and upgrade application software

On Mon, 2001-10-29 at 16:08, Kelvin Ng Chee Hoong wrote:

>      I have installed application software from port collection . How do I
> make un-install . If I want to upgrade the existing application software ,
> how do I upgrade them ? Please advise .......

Removing ports can be done using the 'deinstall' target. This is clearly
laid out in ports(7).

To upgrade your ports tree, use CVSup. It's fairly well layed out in the
handbook.

When you want to upgrade from one version of an application to another,
its advisable to remove the old version first, then upgrade. I've
noticed redundant files being left on my machine when upgrading
Evolution.

   - andrew

--
void signature(){