Date:      Wed, 01 Oct 2003 09:06:47 -0400
From:      Tim Hawes <thawes@althusius.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install Trouble

Renewing the call for help...

I am trying to get a realtek 8139 nic card working under FreeBSD. I
turned off the serial ports in the bios, but it seems to still find a
serial port (misreading a device as a serial port???) and gives it an
irq of 11 which conflicts with the realtek card. I noticed that the same
card under windows has an irq of 60.

I am using FreeBSD 5.1 and I tried reassigning the irq for the nic card
using /boot/device.hints as described in the handbook. It does not seem
to effect it at all. What kernel parameters can I pass to reassign this
irq?

I have a complete dmesg log I can email if someone wants to look at this
as well.

I thank you all in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Tim Hawes