Date:      Mon, 8 May 1995 18:24:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Erik A. Pearson" <epearson@olac.berkeley.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.0 & mitsumi lu002

Hi,

I've got another question. I'm attempting to install freebsd on an ide
drive from the walnut creek cdrom in a mitsumi lu002 cdrom drive. The
floppies install fine, but the cdrom does not work well enough to allow
installation. The drive will mount, and I can ls & cat around the drive,
but the installation gets hung up on 'time out' errors. This is probably
due to the fact that the only the mcd0 device is hardwired for 300/10 --
but the only irq settings allowed on the lu002 8-bit board are 2,3 and
5!! Is there some way around this -- e.g. a device that can copied into
/dev?

Thanks a lot,

Erik Pearson