Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 23:26:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Harshbarger <harsh882@uidaho.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Subject:   Re: sound driver problem

On Mon, 15 Jul 1996, Veggy Vinny wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jul 1996, Mike Harshbarger wrote:
>
> > options         "GUS_IRQ=11"            #gus.
> > device          gus0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 11 drq 1 vector gusintr
>
> 	Hmmmm, it seems like the kernel defaults to irq 12 it seems and
> it worked before... I think in DOS, my card is set to IRQ 11, DMA 5,6 and
> DMA Channels 1....  Where did you get the options line from?

I don't remember when I set these up... probably when either 2.1-RELEASE
came out or voxware was integrated. Anyway, looking though
/usr/src/sys/i386/isa/sound/sound_config.h, I can see this:

/* ****** IO-address, DMA and IRQ settings ****
If your card has nonstandard I/O address or IRQ number, change defines
   for the following settings in your kernel Makefile */

[...]

#ifndef GUS_IRQ
#define GUS_IRQ         15
#endif

So, I guess I had and did. Looking through this file, I see some other
things we can tinker with.

--
Mike 'axly' Harshbarger                     |  OOPS! Adjustment fire,
harsh882@uidaho.edu              <*>        |   1000 meters left!...