Date:      26 Nov 2002 14:31:13 -0900
From:      Jon Reynolds <jonr@ninestar.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   qmail and freebsd 4.6

I am using Central Commands vexira mail server anti-virus program on
FreeBSD4.6 running qmail-1.03_1 and I keep getting this error in my
logs:
"Nov 26 14:11:37 mail /kernel: pid 3490 (vagated), uid 66: exited on
signal 11"
Only the time stamp and the kernel pid ever change in my logs. vagated
is a store and forward smtp server it recieves the message then sends it
to a temp directory where vagatefwd scans it for viruses then sends it
to qmail to be delivered.

I had read where signal 11's mean bad memory or other hardware problems
so I scapped the old server and rebuilt a new one with all new parts and
I still recieve this error. Am I losing emails because of this? Is this
FreeBSD or is it the program vagated?

Any help would be very much appreciated,

Jon