Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:33 -0700
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Ernst de Haan <znerd@freebsd.org>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Issues with pkg-plist and Javadoc 1.4

Hi Ernst,

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 10:35:06PM +0000, Ernst de Haan wrote:
> There is an issue with Java-based ports that generate Javadoc API
> documentation. The Javadoc that comes with Java 1.4.x generates files that
> the predecessors did not generate, for example an inherit.gif. This makes
> the pkg-plist file for a lot of Java-based ports either incorrect for Java
> 1.4.x, or incorrect for all predecessors.
>
> I remember reading something from somebody about this subject, but I could
> not found anything using a Google search for 'inherit.gif FreeBSD'.
>
> Anyone remember a suggested solution for this?
>
> If not, I'll just keep it on my TODO list and look into it ASAP.

Best workaround is to use the PORTDOCS macro, then the documentation
part of the packing list is generated automatically and you don't have
to worry about the differences.  Otherwise you have to play games with
PLIST_SUB.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org