Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 11:21:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bhishan Hemrajani <bhishan@fusion.unixfreak.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem mount cd w/matcd driver

I have a soundblaster cd-rom drive that was made to be plugged
into a soundblaster audio card. I successfully got the drive to
be recognized, created the proper entries in /dev, and added this
line to /etc/fstab:
/dev/matcd0c            /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0

However, when I try to mount the cd rom with:
# mount /cdrom

I get this error:
cd9660: Input/output error

I also encounter these messages on the console:
Oct 15 11:16:49 fusion /kernel: matcd0: Illegal data mode for this track while reading block 64
Oct 15 11:16:49 fusion last message repeated 5 times

This is the output from dmesg:
matcd - Matsushita (Panasonic) CD-ROM Driver by FDIV, Version  1(26) 18-Oct-95
matcdc0 at 0x230-0x233 on isa
matcdc0 Host interface type 0
matcd0: [CR-5630.75]

What am I doing wrong?

	--bhishan

--
Bhishan Hemrajani / bhishan@fusion.unixfreak.org / PGP: 0xFAC75561
Finger bhishan@fusion.unixfreak.org for more information.

UNIX *is* user friendly, it's just picky about its friends.