Date:      Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:28:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Unga <unga888@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Why this linking fail?

Hi all

I have compiled and installed following libraries separately:
/usr/src/lib/csu
/usr/src/lib/libc
/usr/src/lib/msun

When I link to them, I get following errors:
/usr/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to `_nsyylex'
/usr/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to `_nsyyin'
/usr/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to `_nsyytext'
/usr/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to `_nsyyerror'
/usr/lib/libc.so: undefined reference to `_nsyylineno'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Search for those names shows following:
cd /usr/src/

grep -lr _nsyylex .
./include/nsswitch.h
./lib/libc/net/Symbol.map

grep -lr _nsyyin .
./lib/libc/net/nsdispatch.c

grep -lr _nsyytext .
./lib/libc/net/nsparser.y

grep -lr _nsyyerror .
./include/nsswitch.h
./lib/libc/net/Symbol.map
./lib/libc/net/nslexer.l

grep -lr _nsyylineno .
./include/nsswitch.h
./lib/libc/net/Symbol.map
./lib/libc/net/nsparser.y

That is, they are all from /usr/src/lib/libc/net. Does this means the /usr/src/lib/libc/net is not in the new libc.so.7? What does above errors shows?

Appreciate your help in this regard. Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Unga