Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 1997 03:37:04 -0800
From:      "Parker H. Brown" <phb31@earthlink.net>
To:        support@freebsd.org
Subject:   Q: using pkg_add

Had X-windows problems on 2.1.6 so reloaded 2.1.5.  The
/stand/sysinstall utility seems to have problems when you ask it to load
too many selections, so I tried to create a tightly configured system
using pkg_add.  I guess I haven't caught the knack of it yet, because
things like this happen:

...some selections install with bin as owner & group, and with the rwx
bits turned off for "other".  I usually login as user pb )group wheel)
which keeps me from wiping out the system, but now I can't use things
like Mosaic.  Some lib modules are that way, too.  What am I doing wrong
?  pkg_add as root.

...well, forgot what the other problems were.  Please help.