Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 1996 07:56:13 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
To:        vince@apollo.COSC.GOV (-Vince-)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems in -current (was Re: awk broken ???)

> On Mon, 22 Jan 1996, John Polstra wrote:
>
> > > Hmmm, what did you guys do to fix this problem?
> >
> > Get the newest /usr/share/mk/bsd.lib.mk, or apply this patch to the
> > broken one:
>
> 	Do I need to reboot before doing a make world?

You have to do a make world in single user mode.
So boot with the '-s' flag at freebsd's boot prompt.

When in single user mode:
	# swapon -a
	# mount -at ufs
	# csh
	# cd /usr/src

possibly you want to change values in /etc/make.conf for the
whole build...then

	# vi /etc/make.conf

Make world...

	# time make world >& world.log &
	# tail -f world.log	# to wath the latest progress

Go and drink some coffees ;-))

Make world also does install the new binaries. Only stuff in
/etc won't changed. So you have to apply changes to system files
manually. I wrote a simple script for that purpose, that compares
every file in /usr/src/etc with those in /etc.

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@knobel.gun.de       /\/\___  Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm        ___/\/\/       - Support Unix - aklemm@wup.de -