Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 1997 22:02:55 +0000
From:      Vladimir Kushnir <kushn@olinet.isf.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with HD detection and sound card

Hello!
I've got some strange problem. I've changed my motherboard and now
FreeBSD-2.2 refuses to detect my primary slave HD (both GENERIC and
custom kernels). Both DOS-Win95 and boot.flp from this very FreeBSD-2.2
are detecting it all right. I've I430VX chipset with two 1.28Gb Western
Digital IDE disks on the first controller and IDE CD-ROM on the second.
Tests from DOS doesn't show any problems with HD (neither with
motherboard).

And the second question. Would anybody please help me with correct
kernel config for Yamaha Sound Origins 32Y sound card? I've compiled
kernel with correct settings right from the manual (ports, IRQ, DRQ for
both SB and MSS emulation and OPL itself, and with "conflicts" for sb0
and mss0), and MIDI interface wirks like a dream but ... these are the
boot messages:
sb0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 on isa
sb0: <SoundBlaster Pro 3.1>
sbxvi0 not found
sbmidi0 not found at 0x330
mss0 at 0x530 irq 10 drq 0 on isa
[IRQ Conflict?]mss0: <MS Sound System (CS4231)>
opl0 at 0x388 on isa
opl0: <Yamaha OPL-3 FM>
And of course /dev/audio chokes on any sound file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

			Vladimir