Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2000 16:27:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        sumikawa@ebina.hitachi.co.jp
Cc:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6-enable ports

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000 sumikawa@ebina.hitachi.co.jp wrote:

> This patch adds IPv6 function to rsync and it can be disabled by using
> --disable-ipv6. So, It has no problem if it is always applied. I also
> checked to build the rsync on IPv6/current, non-IPv6/current and
> 3.4-RELEASE environment. And we can remove the above lines simply when
> the patch is merged into original distribution.

I assume most of these have been submitted back to the authors of the
software.  That's excellent work by KAME to do this kind of work
on 70 different pieces of software.

> But It does not affect 3.x and non-IPv6/current environment if the
> lines are wrapped. It is more safety way.

It also saves modem users download time, and saves people diskspace.

> I agree with you. The new patch is attached.

Works for me, I just wanted to make you aware of the above issues.

--
- bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -
- ph:(800) 252-2421 - bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - billf@FreeBSD.org  -