Date:      Mon, 01 Jul 2002 23:27:56 +0200
From:      Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't install compaq-cc

Hi all,

I just tried to install compaq-cc but it doesn't work. It seems like the
linux-compat module is not found. But where do I build that? I couldn't
find it in make.conf and couldn't find anything in the newsgroups.

Any help appreciated,

Jan

jan-alpha# make install
===>  Installing for compaq-cc-6.4.9.005.1_2
===>   compaq-cc-6.4.9.005.1_2 depends on file:
/compat/linux/etc/redhat-release
 - not found
===>    Verifying install for /compat/linux/etc/redhat-release in
/usr/ports/emu
lators/linux_base
     >> No directory for /compat/linux/etc/redhat-release.  Skipping..
AlphaLinux  mode is not enabled. Loading AlphaLinux kernel module...
kldload: can't load linux: No such file or directory
The AlphaLinux kernel module could not be loaded. Please manually
load the module and retry. See "man linux" for details.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/lang/compaq-cc.
jan-alpha#