Date:      Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:03:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        "Ilmar S. Habibulin" <ilmar@watson.org>
Subject:   Re: syscons by default?

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> > Does it work on blade 100? And support ati mach and usb keyboard/mouse?
>
> No, see Doug's mail.

Which is really pesky since XFree86 will work on the ATI fine, we just
need a way of having syscons attach the display but not use it so XFree86
can nab it later.  I see that the creator code handles the case where its
not the chosen console; I wonder if some shim driver that goes through the
motions but doesn't implement any of the fb functions might work. It'd be
a nasty hack since you'd have no text console at all, but if you start xdm
during the boot then a graphical login should come up.

At least the libraries compile so you can run xdm and get in remotely.
Not optimal with stuff like kde but that means I can use it to test
libkse.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org