Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:40:04 GMT
From:      Miah Clayton <miah@ferrousmoon.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/145158: [boot] 8.0-RELEASE DVD hang on boot

The following reply was made to PR kern/145158; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Miah Clayton <miah@ferrousmoon.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org,
 miah@ferrousmoon.com
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:11:07 -0500

 I have seen this, yes. Oddly, I managed to read most of it (I remember =
 the text of section 15) but totally missed that section saying "FreeBSD =
 8.0 issues".

 I kind of hope however that I'm not needing to actually revert to =
 r189055. That would be reverting 13 months of code and I don't even know =
 how to commit such changes to an installation disk. I'm actually new to =
 the FreeBSD scene. (My friend suggests that I can revert just that one =
 change, but again, I don't know where to begin with that)

 The other issue is that I can't enter Fixit mode. I can't actually get =
 that far. Every option, including option seven (reboot) will stall.=