Date:      Sun, 22 May 2011 23:18:51 +0400
From:      Peter Vereshagin <peter@vereshagin.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install ImageMagick configured with Autotrace switch

Concrete jungle, oh freebsd-questions, you've got to do your best...
2011/05/22 10:43:52 -0700 Angelo <aussieang@gmail.com> => To freebsd-questions@freebsd.org :
A> I am trying to install ImageMagick and Autotrace ports but I need to
A> configure Imagemagick to work with Autotrace so it processes raster images
A> to the vector svg format properly.
A>
A> This is what is recommended from the imagemagick website to do, but I don't
A> know the commands to type in freebsd to accomplish: Quote: "For this to work
A> however the 'development' "AutoTrace" library must be installed, and IM
A> configured with a "--with-autotrace" switch.

You'd better tweak the graphics/ImageMagick port for this. Its Makefile should have the 'CONFIGURE_ARGS =+' -like strings you can use as a sample for the WITH_* option you can easily add. Be sure to include the DEPENDS variable update for your library, too.

Feel free to submit patch for that port then. The dependence library port should be already present on the ports tree, too.

A> So do I install with "make --with-autotrace" then "make
A> install --with-autotrace" and lastly "make clean"?

This is about ImageMagick's ./configure I think.

A> I already have ImageMagick and Autotrace installed but not configured
A> together so I'm assuming I will have to uninstall imagemagick first then
A> reinstall it with the autotrace switch?

uninstall and compile anew, 'make clean' is the best to ensure this before 'make'.

73! Peter pgp: A0E26627 (4A42 6841 2871 5EA7 52AB  12F8 0CE1 4AAC A0E2 6627)
--
http://vereshagin.org