Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 01:54:18 +0100 (CET)
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        jdp@polstra.com
Cc:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More "ld-elf.so.1: assert failed" messages

In article <200003091645.IAA40726@vashon.polstra.com> you write:
>In article <13611.952595759@zippy.cdrom.com>,
>Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com> wrote:
>> > The other possibility would be to fix the wine port so it calls
>> > dllockinit() to set up locking.  I don't know for sure how hard that
>> > would be, but it's probably a feasible solution.
>>
>> To be honest, I'd be the most comfortable with this solution

>As far as I know, Wine is the only port that has problems with the
>version of the dynamic linker that's in -current at present.  I've
>looked into adding the dllockinit() stuff to Wine, but could use
>some help from somebody who knows its internals better.

Hm you could ask over in comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine...

>  I found
>the threads primitives, etc., but am not so sure where to place the
>dllockinit() call.

 When does it need to be called, just when starting a new thread?
(i have looked at the wine source before but never at ld-elf.so...)
And would this be the same on -stable and 4.0?  Currently you
should be able to build a wine on a -stable box and it would still
run on 4.0 (well it wouldn't run _worse_ than on -stable), at least
thats the idea.

 Anyway if it should be called before a new thread becomes
runnable for the first the i think it could go in THREAD_Create
(in scheduler/thread.c), if it needs to be called from within
the new thread itself it looks like it should go in THREAD_Start
in the same source.

 HTH,
--
Juergen Lock <nox.foo@jelal.kn-bremen.de>