Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 12:06:20 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Simon Coggins <chaos@ultra.net.au>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with X windows, and Shared memory

FreeBSD titan.klemm.gtn.com 3.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT #0: Sat Apr 18 12:52:21 CEST 1998     root@titan.klemm.gtn.com:/home/data/sys.bisdn/compile/BISDNSMP  i386

> I'm seeing the following problems, X windows locks up, and I have to ctrl alt
> backspace to get out of it, and if I run x windows again the whole machine locks
> up and I have to reboot. If I edit a file after I ctrl alt backspace then
> reload xwindows that file i edited is trashed.

Everything runs fine here, even Shared mem and such ... maybe hardware
releated ?

--
Andreas Klemm                             http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
What gives you 90% more speed, for example in kernel compilation ?